jueves, 1 de febrero de 2007

FC BARCELONA!

hahahaha, that's right boys, get ready to be jealous. Yesterday I bought tickets for 11 of us to fly to Barcelona, and I bought tickets to an FC Barcelona game. So in 9 or 10 days, I will be watching the best player in the world. I hope. So ya, we're going to Barcelona for 3 days, we're gonna stay in a crappy hostal, and we're gonna watch FC Barcelona play Real Racing...ya whoever they are. The stadium is almost full too, so it's gonna be CRAZY! So I'm hoping to get to watch Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Sevilla the 3 top teams in the Spanish liga. I should be able to see Sevilla since I'm here, and I'll just have to work on getting to a real madrid game.
Now that I've made you all jealous, let me tell you how much it sucked to set this up. Somehow I ended up in charge of the trip. Don't ask how, cause I have no idea. So when I first looked we could get game tickets for 18 euros, but screw that we got the 33 euro seats cause they are great seats. So when I first looked for flights they cost 46 euros, by the time we finally bought them, because of people stupid indecision and not being able to use the credit card cause my maximum was too low, they jumped up to 67 euros. But another person who is going with us found them for 53 like 25 minutes later. The reason I couldn't get those? Cause I had to buy the ones I found cause I was sitting outside a building in the cold using their internet. We had already bought the game tickets cause if we couldnt get those we werent gonna go. So I had to buy them then before my battery ran out. So I didn't have time to keep checking other sights. I spent about 6 to 7 hours on the tickets as it was.
Other than that, there's not too much more to report. Classes are goin. I'm understanding everything in my classes so that's good. The grammar class is crazy though. She keeps talking about all these rules and stuff that I've never heard so that's kinda intimidating. We're going to Cordoba tomorrow as a school to see the huge mosque there. So I guess that's kinda cool. A group of us are gonna try to go to the Rock of Gibralter on Saturday after we get back. So that could be interesting too.
Let us close our eyes, and talk about the weather, yes, yes, let's talk about the weather. But seriously it's making me mad. Apparently it never rains in Sevilla. In fact, they had been in a drought for a while, until we got here. The day we showed up it was raining for the first time in a long time. Since then it has rained 4 of the days we have been here. So it's wet, cause nothing dries here. Complaint number two. When my senora invited her family over, they all said "this weather is so weird for Andalucia. It never rains and it's never this cold." Ya it's cold here too. What a great combination. Wet and cold, my favorite.
I have yet to make plans for Semana Santa, and Feria, my two week long breaks in April:) I've been invited to go to Greece and Italy with some people for one break, but I still haven't decided. I'll put pics up of Cordoba and the rock of Gibralter hopefully on Sunday.
Sidenote it's really annoying that I don't get wireless in my house. last night I had to sit outside a random building in the cold in order to steal wireless from a big apartment building so i could buy the plan tickets before they got even more expensive.

2 comentarios:

Pureblood Prince dijo...

that is amazing. my friends in london tried to get tix to an aresenal game but the cheapest they could find were like 80 pounds (150+ dollars) so i'm glad you're tix weren't as bad.

Hey i have a week long break in April too. It's called the end of school. OH SNAP!

B. D. Mooneyham dijo...

Wow Craig, I just found your blog. This is awesome. I'm glad everything is going well in Spain. Hey, I got to see the KC Wizards play, so we've both had opportunities to see world-class soccer teams. And my tickets were free. So there. I don't know why there's all this hype about "european" soccer. Whatever.

P.S. You stole my template.